You have reached up to this post, and that should be a clear indication to prove that you have understood the importance of a jointer. In fact, when it comes to the best quality jointers, the Ridgid jointer has been one of the most powerful and popular options ever.
Ridgid Jointer Features:
- 1 HP TEFC induction, 12/6 Amps, 120 V / 240 V
- Knives – Three HSS
- Cuts per minute – 10350
- Bed Length – 15 inches
- Maximum Planing Width – 6-1/8 inches
- Maximum Depth-of-Cut/Pass – 1/8 inches
- Rabbet Capacity – ½ inches
- Tool Weight – 213 lbs.
- Heavy Gauge Wide Stance Cabinet
- Convenient Dust Port
- Built-in Sawdust Collection Port
- Onboard Tool Storage, Cast Iron Bed
- Dual-Bevel Fence – With stops at 45 degrees, 90 degrees, and 135 degrees
- Retail price at the time of review – $800 excluding shipping charge
The jointer in your workshop can be the right and best option as it would let you buy the rough lumber for your woodworking purposes. The rough lumber tends to be less expensive when compared to the lumber you would otherwise buy by from the bigger stores. A good Ridgid jointer planer can help you have access to a perfect edge on your woodwork.
One of the best Ridgid jointer options that have gone quite popular and has caught up with plenty of woodworkers in the US or elsewhere is Ridgid JP0610. If you check any Ridgid jointer review, you would find it marked with the highest credentials. In fact, it serves both amateurs and experts alike. It isn’t an entry level model, nor is it the high end industrial option either. You can have either a 6 or 8 inch blade dimensions. Yet another excellent option offered by the Ridgid jointer planer is you can re-sharpen the blades or can even change them. That would make it more economical in the long run.
A host of Ridgid jointer review options we found speak high of the Ridgid JP0610 and it has been considered to be one of the excellent options among the Ridgid jointer planer varieties available. It can easily handle every one of the tasks you throw at it and that includes cutting, sanding, and finishing any of your projects.
- It still does an excellent job at suction. What does make it out on the floor is about 1% of the dust that gets created. So, that’s pretty good.
- Apart from all these amazing specifications; there are some issues. It has a 4-inch vacuum port. Although, it’s not perfect as some of the dust does make its way outside and onto the bottom of the unit.
- This is because few open gaps aren’t completely sealing a jointer and also there is a big open gap in the front. Some of the dust makes its way out to the back, and some of it stays on the top.
- But yes, if you don’t connect it to the dust collector, forget about it as you will have a significant colossal mess everywhere in no time!
- One more thing you may not like about the jointer is that the dust chute has some large open slots at the bottom. The reason they are there is that the dust chute is the motor mount and these slots are there so that the motor can be bolted down. And so, you can slide the motor to the sides to adjust belt tension.
- ou will need to put it together all by yourself. It is also cumbersome around 213 pounds. So you will need some help putting it together and even when it comes to lifting this large and heavy cast-iron bed and placing it on the top of the assembled stand. Putting it together is relatively easy. The instructions are excellent.
Most of you may be under the impression that you do not need a jointer. However, a professional woodworker will soon realize that most of the lumber they get is not smooth and comes in a very distorted shape. So using a perfect Ridgid jointer planer can help you save a lot of time and effort. Make sure you grab the deal if you find the perfect Ridgid jointer for sale either online or offline. The jointer is bound to solve most of the issues you may be facing with your woodworking tasks.
Though expensive enough, the Ridgid jointer can definitely provide you years and years of trouble-free services for a considerably longer time to come. It would indeed be a one time investment and you stand to gain a better chance to improve your woodworking performance by miles and bounds.